Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fun Outside

I love spring and summer!!! My boys love it too, they love to be outside! Yesterday we had a day out in Iowa City for an appointment. Then we had to get the vans tire fixed, so I dropped everyone (my mom, Martha and the kids) off at Village Inn and I took the van to a shop and then walked back to Village Inn, which was only about 5-10 minutes. I enjoyed being outside for a little walk but of course on the way back to get the van, the boys wanted to go with me and it was raining. Reese thought it was grand fun and ran giggled the whole way there because he was getting wet.:) Gage on the other hand, wanted me to carry him and said that he was cold and wanted his jacket. When we got there though, he entertained the guys that fixed our van by telling them all about the rain and how cold it was and that he got all wet. They thought he was very cute and funny! What can I say, he is!!

We have a sandbox outside with a playhouse above it and Reese and Gage and their cousins next door love to play in it. Well, this morning the little boys were up in it too. Kyle (cousin) is the same age as Gage and he is not scared to come down the slide but Gage is still kind of chicken to come down so I had to climb up the slide and get him. I put him on my lap and down we went. Now, picture the slide fairly long for a little kid but at the bottom the slide isn't very high off the ground which is perfect for a child's legs but not exactly perfect for an adult like me. So we hit the bottom and my legs hit the ground and catapulted us onto the ground. Luckily I didn't land on Gage. He looked at me like he was going to cry and I started laughing so hard and then he did too and we laid on the ground just laughing. It was grand fun but not something I will probably try again soon. :)

No comments: