Thursday, April 16, 2009

Birth Story Part 2

Around 2:30 in the afternoon the doctor came in and checked to see how far I was dilated and by 2:40 baby Everett was born!! I had a mirror to watch and with only 3 pushes he was out. It was amazing!! I pushed a long time with the other boys. He was a beautiful healthy baby boy. He weighed 5lbs. 8oz. and was 19 inches long. I got to see him for about 10 seconds and then they took him and soon gave him to Daddy, while they worked to try to get baby number 2 out. But sadly she wouldn't turn the right way so after ten minutes of the doctor sticking her arm up to her elbow inside of me and pushing around on the outside of my belly with the other hand to no avail, we decided to do an emergency c-section. I was praising the Lord for epidurals by this point! :) I will give more details of that in the next segment. Here is Everett with Aunt Kim and Grandma Slabaugh. Here he is very awake about 15 minutes after birth.
In the nursery after being all cleaned up and under the heat lamps.

I love this adorable picture of his feet.

No comments: